Re: Dosbox 0.7

Hi Paul,

As you suggested, I edited the [sdl] section of my dosbox.conf file, changing:

output=ddraw

and then tried a variety of windowresolutions:

windowresolution=1024x768
windowresolution=800x600
windowresolution=400x300

None of these settings changed the size of the dosbox window in any way. Either I am doing something
wrong or the output=ddraw setting only works in Windows.

Flash wrote:
>I experimented with several versions of DOSBox (though not this one)
>before giving up on it. I was running Xy3+ .... and found that the KBD
>file tended to crash DOSBox, particularly the function calls (F5=BC, and
>so on). Perhaps this has been sorted in newer versions.

Hi Flash,

I am using Dosbox version .65, and have not had any crashes yet. The worst I have found is an
inability to get certain keys to work. For example, the PrintScrn key my Xywrite 3.55 kbd file is
set as follows:

84=NI,BC,c,a, ,g,:,

I cannot get this key to work Xy3.55 in Dosbox on Linux. I've played with the Dosbox keymapper to no
effect. When I press PrintScrn, nothing happens.

At least Dosbox doesn't crash, however. If I can't get the key to work it just means I put the above
keyboard macro on a different key.

Bob
See my books and essays at:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3cxxp/zimbib.htm