Re: Dosbox 0.7

Bob,

≪I am using Dosbox version .65, and have not had any crashes yet. The
worst I have
found is an inability to get certain keys to work. For example, the
PrintScrn key my
Xywrite 3.55 kbd file is set as follows:

84=NI,BC,c,a, ,g,:,

I cannot get this key to work Xy3.55 in Dosbox on Linux. I've played
with the Dosbox
keymapper to no effect. When I press PrintScrn, nothing happens.

At least Dosbox doesn't crash, however. If I can't get the key to work
it just means
I put the above keyboard macro on a different key.≫

I recall having a number of keyboard issues with DosBox before giving up on it. That's why I needed keycode.exe, to find out where the keys were so I could remap the ones which seemed to be causing crashes. Some functions continued to crash the DosBox regardless which key they were assigned to, and that's when I gave up. As I understand it, DosBox is written by and for Dos gamers, so it should have good graphics (color, resolution, etc.) features. If the key/function calls can be sorted out, it might yet offer a solid alternative to VPC for Mac or Linux users. The print screen function in Mac OSX does work with VPC, but I don't think I ever tried it in DosBox. Flash