Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

At 12:08 PM 2/26/00 -0600, Richard Giering wrote:

> Its sad that they are so close to being what an
>HTML editor should be, but (like your IBM example)
>there appears to be nonone in either organization
>willing to hear suggestions or to consider this

I mentioned exactly this before, but KF, in one of his
rare appearances, said that there are fundamental differences
between the XY and HTML formats. I still do not understand
why; to my non-programmer mind it seems that the
and  tags in XY4 are the same as the slash on/off
codes in HTML. Maybe somebody more computer literate
can explain?

Seeing how everybody left and right suddenly learns HTML,
which is so close to XYwrite in its philosophy, it seems to lake
shame to me that TTG does not jump on the chance to create
the world's best HTML editor.
But if the boss says no, then that is it.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo