RE: Orphaned software and legal recourse

Title: RE: Orphaned software and legal recourse

>>If TTG or its successor simply closed its doors, the firm still owns the
>>software.
>>
>>Ethically, once one knows this, there is then a problem.

>Not for me.

I would have to say that in this PARTICULAR case I can't find a good reason to follow the usual ethical considerations. It's unlikely that anyone is ever going to try and make any money off of Xy again, so I don't feel that anything that I do will be "taking the bread from anyone's mouth".

Hey, here's a thought. Why don't we all get together and accquire the rights and turn Xywrite into an open-source product. I would love to see a few things "fixed"...32-bit and long file-name handling!

Brian Henderson
Print Composition Dept.
Mitchell1
San Diego, CA