Re: XP Keyboard remap question

Tom Robertson wrote:

> Try the Toshiba 2805-S603.
>
> It has it all, with a 15 inch screen DVD/CD Burner, 1 Gig speed,
> 256 Mb memory ++ at about $2400

Interesting, to be sure, but if I was in the market for a laptop,
I'd probably be leaning towards a ThinkPad (the "T" series, if
memory serves), because it is said to have the best hardware support
for OS/2. (Having to run Win -- any Win -- is cruel & unusual
punishment, in my view.) A more critical factor to me is whether or
not one can achieve a reasonably good looking full-screen display of
Xy4DOS on a TFT-based screen. These seem to be the dominant
standard now on your better laptops. If the answer to that is 'No,'
as some comments here have suggested (I need to collate all these
comments / tips / workarounds in one file, and then go over them
again), that would be a very large negative in my personal laptop
tabulation. There is just no way I'm going to move over to Word or
anything else. I haven't had any pressing need for a laptop for
many years now, so I'm really on the fence about this anyway.

> And I would sure like to know how to switch off the NumLock when
> using XyWrite with this system.

Isn't the behavior of NumLock usually governed by a setting in your
system BIOS ?

Jordan