Re: AW: Xy on Mac revisited

Lisa Kleinholz wrote:

Also, does anyone know how to purchase, acquire a version of DOS 6.22?
I have a computer with it loaded, but no disks.
I have a set (a couple in fact) of these I could give you. But I
should recommend trying to find Caldera DOS. It's either freeware or
widely available (Western Digital uses it to make their Diagnostic and
DataLifeguard diskettes bootable) and is the latest implementation of
Novell DOS 7 (which was the upgrade to DrDOS 6), which is what TTG
(and I) used to run Xy on.
I once experienced problems trying to install Xy 4 under MS-DOS 6.x;
MemMaker was the spoiler, IIRC. Novell DOS 7 enabled a PC to use DOS
Protected Mode memory, which I always suspected Xy's installation
routine did.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx