Re: XW and XP Pro

Carl Distefano wrote:

That's version 4.018, point OH one eight, for DOS. I _think_ the
original poster was talking about XyWrite for Windows -- at least
that's what I infer from his reference to version 4.12. The Y2K bug
fix for XyWin is version 4.13, available here:
Sorry about the missing zero, was writing in a hurry and with
chattering teeth (boiler temporarily on the fritz).
If he is talking about XyWin (I TRIED to check version numbers in the
long thread that I remembered about it, but couldn't find it last
night. Now I do: Oct. 05. When found, make note of), not merely is
there an installation issue, but even if one has an existing setup to
copy over, it apparently just won't run under XP on some hardware; but
it does on others. (We've canvassed this issue several times, but I
can never amass enough data to try and get an inkling into what it the
spanner in the works--mostly because too many people don't know what
chipset and BIOS--esp. VGA chipset--they're running on.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx