Re: Wildcard replace and no 64k limit

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Am I the only one who is in love with wildcard search-and-replace in Xy4?
> (I use only the DOS version, from Win95--which works wonderfully). I think
> this is a real enhancement over 3.5x.

> The other feature that is worth going to v. 4 for is the ability to use
> blocks of over 64k, for those of us who edit long documents. That 64k limit
> was a real pain.

I'm fully with you on both counts. I would never want to go back to
3.X because of that. Other, somewhat lesser advantages of Xy4 are
the built-in command line stack and unlimited undelete.

Wolfgang Bechstein
Technical translator            Japanese / English / German
Sakura, Japan          Tel 81-43-461-5911 Fax 81-43-461-5910