Re: Sig vs. Xy4

 > The v4 tradeoff for the preview apparently is display flakiness.

≪ Comment: It's not just a "preview"--it is an editable graphical view (but
 not a very good one with Xy4DOS version anyway). I do sometimes actually
 compose in graphical view. ≫

Right, Harry. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. My GoScript preview is
uneditable, but is true and has no side effects or screen font overhead.

 >rejects CMline use of .kbd sequences that involve euroquotes, which I use
 >freely in v3 from .kbd in text or on the CMline.

≪ I use euroquotes in the .kbd file of Xy4. Of course, they are the
three-byte version that you get with ctrl-shift 174 or 175, but they work.
≫

Try a .kbd entry like ...

	nn=SI,{,m,d,n,m,},CI

... ( {}=CtrlShift 174-175 ) and see if v4 will place the entry *in text
or on CMline*. That's how I enter modes in text, and put them on the
CMline to search. I compose xpl from a set of .kbd sequences in my
Ctrl table like (from memory in my unix editor, so approximate) ...

	nn=XPSI,{,i,f,{,i,s,0,0,},=,=,{,i,s,8,6,},},CIPWPWCRCR

... set up to be edited as entered. They give v4 a fit, and trying to
put, e.g., a label command on the CMline from a key to search is ...
oh, well. Carl helped me do U2 substitutes, but they're still cranky.
If I'd never used xyW before v4 it wouldn't matter. But I have and it
does to me. 						--a