RE: C: Directory

>This is interesting. Can anyone confirm Timothy's estimate of 600-some
>files as a limit for DIR display in XY3? How about XY4, which always
>takes longer to make a DIR?

I can't confirm an exact number, but it may be related to Xy3's
65,334-character limit to work smoothly/quickly (Perhaps 654 files?). I
just checked this DIR memory limit on my c:\windows\system directory,
which has 731 files. Asking Xy3 to run the DIR command generated an "Out
of memory" error and wouldn't display a listing. Xy4 displayed a DIR
listing of this same location almost instantaneously.

FWIW . . .

--TLO