RE: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

Yesterday I asked the naive question:

>Pardon my ignorance, but does Quick View Plus allow you to Select and
Copy text? If so, couldn't you view >the Xy file in QVP, then Copy the
document to the clipboard (since, after all, QVP is a Windows program)
>and from there into Word?
>
>OK, so maybe isn't that easy.

Just tried this in the demo version of KEYview that I downloaded a few
days ago. The translation capability has been disabled in the demo, but
it does display files in a fashion similar to QuickView (which I demoed a
couple years ago). I was able to select the entire text of a file and
paste it into MS Word. I experience an undesirable limitation with
attributes, though: Boldface came through, although italic (tried both
MDRV and MDIT flavors) and underline did not. Perhaps that is a weakness
in the filter; although a full working version may prove otherwise.

--TLO