Re: Fwd: Xy4/DOS quirk?

In the discussion for cursor movement regarding why inserting function NI sometimes fixes and sometimes doesn't, I am reminded of a thread from a couple years ago that offered another facet toward solving unusual problems with keyboard control. The idea was to rename one's keyboard *tables* after something other than the normal keys. For example, "TABLE=ABLE" instead of "TABLE=ALT" (etc. for the other tables of CTRL, CAPS, SHIFT). Then reassign the key definitions accordingly: "ABLE=56,98" etc.

I don't thoroughly recall the reasoning behind this (couldn't find the message in my archives
either), but I believe it had something to do with less DOS "hooks" and more XyWrite
control. Perhaps Carl or Robert can (re)enlighten us on how/why this helps. Or perhaps it's on
XyWWWeb; I don't have time to look.

--TLO
Timothy_Olson@xxxxxxxx
(630) 784-5327