Re: Fwd: Xy4/DOS quirk?

Judith Davidsen  wrote:

> On my IBM Extended keyboard table, 75 is on the numeric
> keypad while the left and right cursors are 101 and 103.
>
> Perhaps your problem is with 101 and 103?

LOUD SLAP ON FOREHEAD! Thanks a lot for this hint which finally hit
home. In my ALT table, I just put NI,EL on 101 (which was blank) and
suddenly the left cursor key behaves just as it should. Same with the
other three cursor keys, using the numbers 100 through 103. The fact
that I never realized this, although the numbers were already given
correctly in Carl's message and I in fact do have linear cursor
movement assigned to 100 - 103 in my unshifted table can only be
attributed to sheer utter blinkeredness.

Carl, so it is not a geographic problem after all...

I wish I had asked this question years ago.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx