Re: Drive Image--OT

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> Yes, yes, yes! That's exactly what I'm saying. So I
> still don't know
> whether Drive Image is accomplishing that
> preservation of non-data stuff or
> not.

DI (like DFSEE and a few other programs) does exact
*bit-level* copies of whole partitions or whole
drives. So, it should scarf up *everything*, just as
it is, at this most fundamental level.

> So they do something Drive Image doesn't???

Some do, certainly. However, I'm not familiar with
any other product in this category which has the
simple GUI (active picture-graphs with slider bars,
etc.) that makes this chore fairly accessible to
non-techies. (Actually, I'm mostly thinking of
Partition Magic here. I seem to recall that DI is
much easier still.)

Jordan