Re: Paragraphs in H.T.M.L.

At 04:44 PM 12/22/00 +1100, Michael Edwards wrote:

>I would normally
>start a new paragraph with <BR>, followed by "&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"
>... Entering this is a pain in the butt for indenting a new paragraph, but I
>haven't discovered any easier way.

Shouldn't there be an easy way to enter them with a XyWrite keyboard? I
use Ctrl-h for <html> or <h1>?

>one of the reasons I don't want to use FrontPage Express, which
>as far as I can discover simply has no way of doing a group of hard spaces like
>this, and which even *erases* them if you put them in manually - a prime example
>of Microsoft arrogance and the program telling me what I should do.

Yes, that's exactly the problem with FrontPage. I imported some text with
urls, and FrontPage insisted on converting the urls to a form that didn't
work as links any more. I decided it would be faster to customize XyWrite
than to learn a new program. (You can create pages in later versions of
Word and export them as HTML, though.)

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019