Re: problems with now, date, etc.

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Wed, 17 Aug 2011
16:13:21 +0100

Bill:

> I've noticed over the past few days that XyWrite's now command,
> which I sometimes use, is off by a considerable amount. For
> example, if the time as reported by the OS is 4:06 pm, 'now'
> claims it's 9:24 am. ...

I occasionally see something similar in Xy4 running under XP. I
haven't noticed it with the NOW or TM commands, but the time as
displayed on the PRompt line sometimes gets stuck at an earlier time
(earlier than the system time, that is). My high-tech fix is to
shell from XyWrite to DOS, issue the TIME command at the DOS prompt,
hit Enter, then command EXIT to return to XyWrite. I suppose it
could be automated by issuing the following command on the XyWrite
CMline:

DOS/NV/Z /C CMD.EXE/C TIME/T

I'd be curious to know if it helps in your case.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx