Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

Since I've experienced similar problems, I can answer most of these questions. My editor.exe is
invoked directly, not from a batch file.
The config.nt and autoexec.nt are the default files and appear to contain nothing untoward.
Removing settings.dfl makes no difference to the sluggish performance

The speed problem only occurs when running in XY4 (or XY3 for that matter) in a window. Full
screen it is fine, though as I indicated in my last post, W2k does not appear to be able to handle
most of the non-standard font sizes in full screen.

I have also seen a problem with font sharpness in w2k compared to W98se . In the latter I can use
a 12x20 truetype font which does not seem to be accessible in w2k. Is there a way of getting
truetupe fonts to actually appear?

Regarding an earlier query of Robert Holmgren's I've tried another DOS program, the file manager
Volkov, and that appears to dislpay exactly the same sluggish performance in a window under w2k.

I am using a TFT screen, but I cannot see how that can be responsible for poor performance running
XY4 in a window, when it runs fine (from this point of view) full screen.

Paul Breeze