Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

Paul Breeze wrote:

> I am using a TFT screen, but I cannot see how that can be responsible for poor performance running
> XY4 in a window, when it runs fine (from this point of view) full screen.

I don't know about this either, but I have spent some time using TFT flat panel monitors on Win-2K
systems. Performance _within_ the current full-screen session (incl. XY . . . but I'm just talking
_speed_ here, not appearance, which is a big topic of its own) has been fine. However, when
switching
between running programs, the screen change seems to take a relatively long time, whereas it is
instantaneous on a CRT monitor. I presume it is a hardware thing, most likely having to do with the
panel and not the video card, since the Geoforce card in these two systems is supposed to be very
fast. I did not run windowed sessions there enough to comment on what this may have done re the
speed
question.

Jordan