Re: Xy'd NB

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:58:28 -0500

> PAUL: Look for the 2/21/04 post by Robert.

Or watch my more recent video, which rips (shreds?) 40 minutes
out of your life:

http://xywrite.org//XyWWWebHelp/XyWrite_for_Windows_(NBWin).htm
(For the software requirements and suggestions for viewing, see
http://xywrite.org/msg01482.htm )

> show-codes view

Perhaps we should elucidate for XyWriters: this term means
Expanded view (func XP). The NB vocabulary is distinguished by
its utter lack of any relation to the underlying scheme, of
Editor or of anything at all. Part of the elegance of XyWrite
is that the language mirrors the function and real meaning. Not
so in NB, and deliberately, I think -- to underscore their
"don't mess with our setup" philosophy.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx