Re: Curious behavior of two shifting keys

At 12:09 PM 9/26/98 EDT, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Hi -
>Alt key problems can sometimes be solved by putting NI as the first argument
>on the key in the keyboard file. If it's not already there, it won't hurt to
>put it there. (NI stands for NON-IBM, and we put it in the program to keep
>alt-key combos from being picked up by the operating system).

Tim, I'd done that, and forgot to mention it. Picked up the suggestion from
a SYSOP message to David Auerbach in Feb 93 that I'd saved in a KBD.TEC file.
The NI makes no difference.

NIs are sprinkled throughout a XyWrite KBD file--always or nearly always on
the NumLock key, on alt-key combos, and elsewhere. As I understand it, adding
an NI has no effect on XyWrite operations. If a key ever acts up, I guess
it's worth
dropping in an NI to see if that helps.

Will try upgrading to fixpak 8 at David Auerbach's suggestion to see if
that takes care
of it.

Robert