Re: Curious behavior of two shifting keys

At 12:12 PM 9/26/98 -0400, David Auerbach wrote:
>Hmm, I have fixpak 7 at home and 8 at school and xy seems normal. In fact
>I also changed my OS/2 keyboard to UX (not US) which gives me all the
>Euro deadkeys, but a normally mapped keyboard otherwise; I had expected
>*that* to give me Xytrouble, since the left-alt becomes the deadkey
>invoker. But the keyboard remapping just didn't carry over into the VDM.

Thanks very much, David. Looks like that's the answer. I'd put off adding
another fixpak, put off querying IBM. Well, I'll install fixpak 8 this
weekend.

Nice to know about the UX keyboard. I typed in KEYB UX and toyed with it for
a while. Can't make use of it myself, since I rarely write outside Xy4 or
XyWin
and can come up with all those characters anyhow. Except the Euro, and it's
easy enough to lift the Euro symbol from the revised fonts that fixpak 6
installs
and put it in the font files I customarily use.

Regards,

Robert