Re: XyWin Unresponsive

Peter Cassidy wrote:
Basically, I am just using the shift and cursor keys to define a block
of text, F5ing to the command line, typing CLIP or CLIPW and using the
mouse to return the cursor to the text window before hitting my assigned
special HELP key for these routines - CNTRL-SHIFT-F1.
I was hoping someone more knowledgeable about the inner workings of U@
would respond, but...
I THINK clipw is one of those U2 routines (the accents are others)
that pretty much HAS to be mapped to a key. When I run it from the
command line, it works, in the sense that it both copies and pastes
(though I've no idea where it pastes; just reports "pasted xxx
bytes"). But that's not what you want.
I've mapped clip and paste to CTRL-SHIFT-C and CTRL-SHIFT-V,
respectively, for ease of remembering (Windows corresponding keys
being Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V). So once you get a clean copy of U2 from the
site, install it, and then open your keyboard file, choose what keys
you want to map the commands to, and paste the calls in, thus:
=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2 (for the CLip function)
and
=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,p,Q2 (for the paste one)
If you're copying From Xy to another app, define your text, then hit the key combo you mapped the c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2 call to (not your general U2 helpkey); then switch to the other app and hit Ctrl-V (for the Windows paste function). If you're copying from another app to Xy, define in that app, then use Ctrl-C (Windows Copy) there, switch to Xy, and hit the keys to which you mapped c,l,i,p,w,p,Q2 in Xy.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx