Re: TTG marketing woes

Ken Frank:

Please don't be too defensive about the comments we make on this list.
When you refer to the market, bear in mind that _we_ are your market.
Without us, XyWrite is a startup, and light years behind even the
currently out-of-favor choices like WordPerfect and Ami Pro when it
comes to market recognition. I've bought every version of XyWrite since
III+, even though TTG has made it _very_ difficult to find out about
some of the latest upgrades.

We also have been "beta testing" the product for years. Some of the
people on this list know more about XyWrite and its quirks than your
top programmers. (That group doesn't include me; I'm just a writer and
don't monkey with the works if I can help it!) I've only been using
XyWrite since 1987, which makes me a relative newbie in this group.

My point simply is this: When members of this critique your existing
product or propose improvements for the future, they _are_ the only
market you've got at present, and instead of being defensive you might
be a little grateful that they care enough about the product to keep
using and discussing it. If you can satisfy us, we'll provide
word-of-mouth advertising that will top everything your current
marketing efforts have achieved!

Richard A. Sherer