Re: Cross check program

Paul, wrote:
Harry, does this have to be two full windows side by side? You can split the screen, either vertically or horizontally, so that you can view two files at the same time.
 I'd like to see the two files in the form that I wrote and edited them.
But the vertical split, i.e., into two columns, is not bad. Only real
problem is that the two files get out of sync in terms of what text is
showing and what has scrolled off the screen. Not a deal breaker, and maybe
there's a way to do the sync in XPL. The idea would be: whenever FM finds a
"match" between the two, the two column will show the cursor on the same
row. Offhand, I can't figure out how in XPL to control the displayed text
in the required way. How do you command Xy to put the cursor on row n? JMP
wouldn't do it.

Hmmm, I think I see a way. Will report back.
Incidentally, in my original post I made the classic typo: "not" for "now"--in this phrase:

> (as the alternate window does not in a single launch of Xy).

Should, of course be: as the alternate window does NOW ...

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx