Re: Xy(DOS) to HTML

> >I just joined this list, whose very existence fills me with good cheer.
> >I was wondering if one of you has written a program that turns a formatted
> >XyWrite file into one with HTML tags (i.e., makes the rudimentary
> >changes). It seems as if it wouldn't be very hard. I looked through

I have found that Netscape Gold 3's editing capability is capable of
doing quite a lot of interpreting of XyWrite *text*. If you can get
your XyWrite text into a Windows text editor (I use XyWindows), copy
it to the Windows Clipboard and then copy it from the clipboard
directly into the NS editor it will generally get the spacing right
and it will translate the characters with accents into html code!
The problem I've found with that procedure is that the clipboard will
not hold very much text at one time. If the document you want to
import is very long then you have to do it in bits and pieces.
wa