TSR problems

 I'm trying to get my new Multilex (Webster's New World) Dictionary and
Thesaurus to work with XY4 and am having a problem. It uses the hot keys
Alt D and Alt T, and is loaded first as a TSR before XY. It comes up just fine
when you hit the hot keys, using whatever word is at the cursor. The problem
comes in when I try to paste the new word or spelling into the text (which is
done with the F9 key in Multilex). I had to modify the keyboard table (because
otherwise hitting F9 made about 4-5 things happen, none of them good -- like
bringing up other XY dialoge boxes) so that in "Table=Alt" keys 20=GT,AK,T and
32=GT,AK,D are now just 20= and 32= , but this still doesn't work right.
Sometimes the new word is pasted in but at the wrong place. Sometimes it only
pastes part of the word in the right place.
  The docs say this:
  "Multilex will find words for any program that runs in text mode and uses a
hardware cursor. Multilex will paste words into programs that use the normal
"int9" and "int16" keyboard device drivers, ...."

I should say that the other F-keys work (when Multilex is called up) as they
should in Multilex, it is only when the actual pasting occurs that a problem
develops. They provide another TSR called "int16.exe" for use with MS-Word,
which apparently has a problem in this area also, but I tried that, and it has
no affect, or at least it didn't help. I should mention this also --- when I
normally use the XY4 spell check, after it either says OK or puts in the new
spelling, the cursor then jumps down a couple lines. Not only is this very
annoying -- but it is very much like what happens with Multilex -- the cursor
jumps down a couple lines and pastes the word in there. Is this a bug in XY4?
This is also very reminiscent of a problem I used to sometimes have in XY3 with
the Word Finder Thesaurus, which would paste the word in the wrong place,
usually on the top line of the document.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

<> "The Way of the Samurai is death." - Jocho Yamamoto 1710 Hagakure <>
<> "Let no man's life stand in the way -- especially your own."    <>
<>                    Miyamoto Musashi 1584-1645  <>
<> "The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here <>
<> and you are out there."              Yasutani Roshi  <>