Wall St J Codes

In Friday's Wall Street Journal, in the continuation of an article on
"Concierge Care" at page B4, col. 3, what looks like a formatting code
slipped through and was printed:

This sure looks like Xywrite, although I am not aware of an SB embedded
command (there is a SB printer setting).

The WSJ once ran a nice op-ed piece on Xywrite, and I seem to recall that
Xywrite was once used for creating the paper's content. Are there any WSJ
people on the list who could enlighten us on Xywrite's current use at the
paper, and what SB is? Perhaps a custom command?

Tom Hawley
tjh@xxxxxxxx