XYWIN PREFERE

XY-> Jack:

XY-> But what's the "user character set"?

On the menu, choose insert; choose other; and then you'll see
user set" or something similar. You're allowed up to 10
characters of any choice (accessible also by ctrl-A, I believe),
such as punctuation and accents, for easy insert.

On the user menu, there's a check box to make changes permanent,
which you should check for the test.

Choose to add a character to the user set, and you're presented
with a list of several types of characters. The first is accents,
the second punctuation, etc.

My normal test was with choosing punctuation characters (open &
close quotes, em dash and so forth), but it's more fun if you
choose to add first an accented character (and insert it into the
text) and then a punctuation mark (and insert that) and then a
accent character.

If you get the same results I do, then you'll have a user set in
the following session if you end on an accented character but
nothing if you end with a punctuation character.

--Chet

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx