Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

thanks for this. I had been puzzling through these issues the last few days, just
saving defined text to a file and using 'nix tools to manipulate the file. I used
dos2unix to convert the linefeeds, but for some reason couldn't get it to wipe out
the EOF.

so, I've simply stuck a "dos2unix -fp" statement atop the tr -d '\032' statement in
your xytonix.sh, and the whole thing works very nicely.

however, I'm hung up trying to invoke xytonix.sh from within Dosemu/Xy. if I shell
out, it runs successfully, but then the command line just sits there -- after a few
moments it will take keyboard entries, but it never returns me to a prompt.
nevertheless all the processing is completed and the stripped-and-EOF-zapped
selection is there on the clipboard, even though I'm left with a semi-zombie
dosemu window with XyWrite buried inside.

if I try to run it withing Xywrite, the screen flashes, but the command doesn't
actually process. does this sound like anything you've come across?

it's not a big deal -- I've simply put a symlink to xytonix.sh into
~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts, right-click on the desktop, and select xytonix.sh from
the Scripts folder, and it's great.

-rafe