Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:
however, I'm hung up trying to invoke xytonix.sh from within Dosemu/Xy. if I shell out, it runs successfully, but then the command line just sits there -- after a few moments it will take keyboard entries, but it never returns me to a prompt. nevertheless all the processing is completed and the stripped-and-EOF-zapped selection is there on the clipboard, even though I'm left with a semi-zombie dosemu window with XyWrite buried inside.
if I try to run it withing Xywrite, the screen flashes, but the command doesn't
actually process. does this sound like anything you've come across?

If you shell to DOS, does "system xytonix.sh" run -- is that what's
hanging? -- on my setup, it runs the command and returns me to the DOS
prompt without any delay. If it does run, you should be able to run "BX
do/nv system xytonix.sh Q2" in an XPL program.
I got the same behavior you're describing with the "unix" command when I
ran "unix xytonix.sh" just now at the DOS prompt. Ctrl+Break will
restore the prompt (if you allowed that combo with ksconfig), but when
I've had to resort to Ctrl+Break before -- during my earlier testing of
"unix xclip ..." and the like -- everything was subsequently unstable.
I do sometimes get a screen flash when my clipboard XYL program runs in
Xy4; that doesn't seem to be indicative of success or failure.
it's not a big deal -- I've simply put a symlink to xytonix.sh into ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts, right-click on the desktop, and select xytonix.sh from the Scripts folder, and it's great.
Haven't tried that. In Gnome, "ALT+F2,xytonix.sh" will also run it (or using whatever Gnome key-combo you might have replaced ALT+F2 with). On this Ubuntu it's three keystrokes and enter to run, since the script is recognized after "xy" is typed.

Paul