RE: defining words

Great! I had been experimenting with the pervious version and hadn't noticed
your latest issue. Everything works as expected. This is a great improvement
in functionality, at least from my perspective.

It would probably help if the additive mode versions were used, though. Bold
italic is not rare, and I prefer to embed both codes --- it makes the file
easier to translate to RTF. This, of course, adds another complication:
since remode efficiently *changes* codes, it isn't really the place to try
*adding* codes. I'm not sure of the best strategy here. Perhaps
ReModeWordOrBlock should be thought of solely as a way of *replacing* what
is there, and another routine could be used to *add to* what is there (by
using your define-word routines and then calling the standard insert-mode
routines.

Myron