Defunct Links (re: file Conversion)

Hi Carl,

R. Holmgren's "How To" file on converting files between XY and Word, using
the old Mastersoft filters, was recently either linked or quoted in a
message here; it is still present a couple places on the XYWWWEB page. I
will paste in a small piece of it below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>You need conversion filters of the same vintage. Grab the following two
ZIPs:

>ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror_hosts/ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/postscript/adobe/Applications/adobefileutilities/dos/winwordd.zip

>ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror_hosts/ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/postscript/adobe/Applications/adobefileutilities/dos/xywrdos.zip

>UnZIP the EXEcutable files into your filters directory (usually
\XY4\FILTERS\), *overwriting* any files that exist there now. The result
>should be that the following files exist:

>W4W17F.EXE  81965 5-14-96 3:14pm
>W4W17T.EXE  73067 5-14-96 3:16pm
>W4W49F.EXE 181863 5-06-96 5:02pm
>W4W49T.EXE 158715 5-06-96 5:08pm

>Do NOT use older copies of these files! Compare the dates/filesizes.

These links now appear to be defunct. The filters on the TTG site appear
to be of the same 1993 vintage that I already had installed (5.2 converter
series, which may not have been the last ? File sizes are different.).
Also, the related link for later stuff from MS no longer reaches the right
destination. I think Robert's TEST.XY file is still there somewhere, but
not his TEXTOUT.FLT.

Any chance of restoring this material ? Someone reading this may have
updated links, or the actual files.

Jordan