Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

hb@xxxxxxxx wrote:
BrennerNY@xxxxxxxx wrote:
The Win XP search function is grossly inferior to the one MS provided in Win98, which could quickly locate any file on my hard drive.
Gad, yes. Even when you've banished that idiot pooch (I LIKE dogs; but that thing is an insult to all canines), it still stinks. The layout is all wrong (rule one of screen design: DON'T make people scroll right and left; but unless you've got a super wide screen, that's what you have to do with that idiotic layout),
Huh? What do you mean? The window is configurable. And column width is
configurable. Granted, the configs you set may not come back next
time, but it isn't as bad as you describe.
 and the narrowest target you can set is a whole drive.
No, you just don't know how to use it. Go to that field and type in
the path you want.
And on at least one box it didn't find a file that was definitely there (found it by going to a command prompt and using "FIND";

Hard to believe, unless it's a hidden file.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx
True, you can configure the window, true you can type in the path you want -- but to no avail. XP consistently comes up empty when asked to find files that Win98 locates instantly. (I know this for a fact, as I have duplicates of many old files on an old Win98 machine. Would that I could locate the files that are only on the XP machine as easily.)
Lynn Brenner
that always finds them.)