Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Huh? What do you mean? The window is configurable. And column width is
configurable. Granted, the configs you set may not come back next time,
but it isn't as bad as you describe.
Not on the hardware available to me with 20/60 vision. By putting
the frame for search criteria to the side (instead of on top, as
9x sensibly had it), the NT flavors take that much width off the
results screen. If you nest your subdirs as deeply as I do mine
(or as MS does its) there just isn't room on my small monitors to
 fit the whole megillah in at once. And I want to see ALL the
columns: fully qualified path, size, date.
No, you just don't know how to use it. Go to that field and type in the path you want.
Well, sure, you can type
e:grametce\handouts\COSE07\*.*
But I can do that at a cmd. prompt. The whole point of using the gui is not to have to do that, but to point and click. And sometimes that's a GOOD way to do things (esp. if you're a lousy typist, as am I).
And on at least one box it didn't find a file that was definitely there (found it by going to a command prompt and using "FIND";

Hard to believe, unless it's a hidden file.
No. it wasn't. But as I say, that system is in a state of
terminal bit-rot.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx