Typesize Trouble

Occasionally XyWrite/Windows (4.11) "loses" its memory of valid type sizes for
scalable fonts used with the Windows printer driver. When this happens I cannot
access the list from the format bar: only the default size shows inthe window,
and when i seek the list of sizes, a lozenge appears. If I then go to the
default menu, no list size appears: the window in the default menu for
Typesizes-
Scalable is blank. If I try then to enter a new size and push the "add" button,
I get an error message, saying "Cannot compare number to string," followed by a
sequence of characters I cannot reproduce here. My system is in that state
right now. I cannot recover by restarting XyWrite, by restarting Windows or
even by rebooting the machine. But on some occasions in the past, the system
has recovered its memory all by itself. On another occasion, I lost patience
and reinstalled XyWrite from disk. It was fine, but I had to reset all my
macros and defaults, and it took days. What do I do? Thanks.