Re: Refresh rates (XyDos in XP Window)

At 3/4/2003 09:32 AM -0500, EBERLE, JIM wrote:
Harry: I don't think it's an AMD vs. Intel thing. I'm having the same
problems with a Pentium 4 2.00GHz machine. I've speeded everything up except
the pause and slow jumpy movement with the arrow keys. I believe Microsoft,
through Windows 2000, is trying to discourage use of DOS programs. If the
issue is the refresh rate, can we find a way to fix it.

There have been a number of posts on this. In fact this thread (Negus, Holmgren, Norman, Osborne, Godfrey et al) has posited that it is screen rewrites (correct me if I'm wrong, Robert) not *refresh* rates that are the problem. One way to test your refresh-rate idea, though, is to download one of the four utilities suggested here (see a post in the last week or so) written for DOS gamers to change refresh rates.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@nyu.http://michael.norman@xxxxxxxx/_____________________