Re: memory use

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> I have only the faintest recollection of that. You sent me "the requested
> files"? What's the problem with it? It works OK, outta da box -- doesn't it?

Robert,

Uh, no, it *never* worked for me, no matter what I tried, and I did troubleshooting up,
down, and sideways. Mostly, the results were the same: _long_ periods of some
*apparent* processing, but nothing actually happening. (And yes, I had gone over the
written instructions meticulously, over and over again.) It's been awhile, but some of
the last changes I tried altered the errors slightly, but I don't know if it's
significantly. I've also gone over this a bit with Carl, in your absence, but nothing
has worked. I'm not sure what if any notes I may have kept on these efforts. Way back
when, you told me to zip up my Startup.Int, Settings.Dfl, and I don't recall what else,
which I emailed to you. But then you went away for an extended period, or something.

At some point, after I get back, after you get back, I'll be glad to retrace my steps
and pursue this again. It remains the Great Unsolved Mystery of the .U2 collection for
me, and possibly the one new tool in the toolbox that would make a major difference in
my day to day usage of Xy.

Jordan