Re: SEarch across files

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Wed, 5 Mar 97 07:11:56 +0000

> Cursor placement still flukey. First "hit" is about a line too low; hitting
> "C" then moves the thing *up* in the file to where it should have been;
> subsequent hits are usually correctly positioned, but often the first hit
> after an "N" is again too low.
>
> I added an inital XP pfunc, but it had no effect on this problem.

Harry: There's nothing in SSE.PM that would explain this behavior. At
bottom, it's a simple SEarch command; ceteris paribus, the cursor has to
land at the end of the search string, nowhere else. Furthermore, there
should be no need to add func XP; SSE works exclusively in eXPanded view
(viz BX ca/100 ...Q2) -- switch /100 forcing XP. Absent further data from
you, I hesitantly attribute these anomalies to v4.016 vs. 4.017. I'm not
sure when the numeric display-type switch was added to CAll, NEw, etc.
Might have been after 4.016. Tim probably knows. Then again, you say adding
func XP doesn't help, so it must be something else. Are you running SSE
from disk or from U2?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Carl Distefano * * * CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx