Re: SEarch across files

Carl wrote:

>Harry: There's nothing in SSE.PM that would explain this behavior. At
>bottom, it's a simple SEarch command; ceteris paribus, the cursor has to
>land at the end of the search string, nowhere else. Furthermore, there
>should be no need to add func XP; SSE works exclusively in eXPanded view
>(viz BX ca/100 ...Q2) -- switch /100 forcing XP. Absent further data from
>you, I hesitantly attribute these anomalies to v4.016 vs. 4.017. I'm not
>sure when the numeric display-type switch was added to CAll, NEw, etc.
>Might have been after 4.016. Tim probably knows. Then again, you say adding
>func XP doesn't help, so it must be something else. Are you running SSE
>from disk or from U2?

Both. I've isolated the problem: changing the main command from BXQ2
to BCXC removes the problem!!! And BX () also creates the problem.

Yet, a new pgm consisting only of: BX se /test/Q2 works fine with stuff in
the open file.

AND: if a halt the pgm while the cursor is wrongly placed, then hit
cursor-right key, the cursor goes to where it should have been (i.e., two
places after the "hit" word).

Weirdness.

Regards,
Harry