Re: uniqcomp.pm - Working for others?

Hi Patricia,

On Nov 10, 2005, at 7:59 PM, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Robert Holmgren wrote:

>Some obscure VAriable difference, maybe? I dunno...

I'm having the same result as Russ.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
Two possible explanations occur to me:
1. I'm running on 98SE, Russ on an emulator in Mac. Russ, emulation of what? DOS? Win9x? If 9x, that may well be the monkey wrench in the works; we've been through this before, though it seems improbable. Uniqomp isn't doing any command/kmd calls is it?

I'm emulating DOS. Everything has always worked well.
2. Despite being ZIPped, the file (I'm using the ZIPPEd version) got corrupted in transit. So I thought to convert it to pseudocode and paste it here. Fortunately, I looked at it before sending. Tbird made mice feet of the pseudocode, inserting line breaks and empty lines ad lib. Robert, may I send it to you, in XPlencoded and pseudocoded, off list, from my Juno account? Juno may be a proprietary, half-Microsludge kludge, but it never did anything like this!
The copy i am using is from the Whoops! email. I took it as Robert
said that he had updated some things and that this should work. It
does work, at least better than the previous one for me.
Thanks

Russ