Re: Need new keyboard

--- On Fri, 4/3/09, Kari Eveli  wrote:

> The top-row function keys are unusable for serious editing
> anyway. I have tried to adjust my keyboard layout to an
> "enhanced" keyboard. I found it impossible to
> accomplish. My keyboard table uses left function keys with
> all shift states. It is modeled after DOS Word 5.0 for easy
> editing.
>
> I could not live without a keyboard with the function keys
> on the left. The Avant Stellar is expensive, but it is well
> worth its price.

Agreed, on both points. For example, I've had Func-AB on CTRL-
F8 since forever. A simple downward rolling motion with the
left hand. (CTRL & ALT keys at swapped positions -- a hallmark
of and great convenience introduced by the Omnikeys.) When I
have to use a "regular" keyboard, or a laptop, these very basic
things become a real trial. I'm sure it was no problem for Carl
to relocate all this stuff to the Numpad, but this far into the
game I'm not likely to institute a bunch of major changes like
that.

 Jordan