Re: Clipboard in XY4 via DOSBox

Reply to note from Jon P  Sun, 7 Oct 2012
14:08:47 -0700 (PDT)

Jon:

> the Nircom software seemed like a very complicated
> workaround. It's easier to just open the XY file in Notepad.

Whatever works for you. I think opening the file in Notepad would
require more clicks/keystrokes than Ctrl-C in Xy, double-click a
Desktop icon, and Ctrl-V in the target application, but that's me.

> About halfway down is a link to download Jaballa183.zip, his
> version of DOSBox, if anyone wants to try it.

What that ZIP file contains is the patch's source code, which would
have to be compiled in MS Visual C++. Elsewhere he has a link to a
compiled version; that link is on this page (the download is called
DoxBox184.zip):

http://qv90.hopto.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

Further down the page, he says [sic, sic, and sic]: "The EXE package
provide work on it's own and does not need any original DosBox files
at all. ... In case of doubt, please download the the latest DosBox
package and then override the provided files with my package."

But the patch is dated December 2007, and it's not clear to me
whether it's compatible with 64-bit Win. Note also that the patch is
based on DOSBox v0.72, whereas the current version of DOSBox for
Windows is 0.74. Maybe signifcant, maybe not. Tread carefully.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx