XyWrite & 32bit apps

On Wed, 26 Jul 95 08:43:42 EDT, Allan Needell
 wrote:

>Maybe just to end the silence, might I ask what, if anything,
you all
>plan to do about WIN95, and when? Apparently, hell will freeze
over
>before a crop of new, exiting 32bit apps will appear for OS/2
and the
>excitement, surprize-surprize, will be in win95/NT apps over the
next
>year or so.
>
>Please, I don't mean to start another round of the great OS war,
just to
>query xydos and xywin users about if and how they see xywrite
fitting
>into the brave new 32bit world, and whether they see themselves
moving
>over to 32bit apps anytime soon.

Hi folks,

I've made my choice and am happy I did: I'm almost fully 32bit
now via OS/2. OS/2 is brilliant and one of its best features is
that I can continue to use all flavours of XyWrite (DOS &
Windows) with it. If TTG produces a version which runs on Win95
& NT but not OS/2 that's when I part company with them. My
department has been a loyal supporter of XyWrite for a long
time. We've bought multiple copies of XyIII+, Signature, Xy4 and
XyWin, the most recent purchases being only a couple of months
ago. Ken Frank, are you listening? If TTG shuts us out by not
producing an OS/2 product, then we jump ship. On OS/2 software
in general, I am greatly impressed with what is available. With
the exception of XyWrite I now run an OS/2 only machine. No DOS
apps (sorry, I do still use Magellan), and no Windows apps. The
quality of OS/2 apps is excellent, though their availability (and
 visibility) may not yet be high. For word processing, Describe
is top notch. The more I use it, the more I am impressed. It
works superbly in the OS/2 environment and has powerful DTP
features not unlike Framemaker. If TTG pulls the plug, we will
probably continue using XyWrite for a while longer for editing
our international journal, but we will switch to Describe for
typesetting and layout. If that happens, I will probably start
using it for everything. Times change.

Cheers,
John Gordon

J.L. Gordon