Re: warning re New computer; Tame v5.0 RC1

since my computer died and my new one is still on order I cannot respond about properties until it arrives.  I had been going to the dos prompt through an icon in the quick start tray next to the start bottom.

I note that I am having the same problem on my wife's pc  which was the same as my old one that died except that it had win2000 instead of xp, I am wondering whether the freezing on exit is a function of hardware rather than software.

Thanks for the interest and advice which I followed on ordering my new pc and I did drop the idea of dual booting.  It is ironic that after all that discussion on dual booting I was told by the distributor that his version of Lindows does not work in dual booting mode.

any thoughts on using a win98 dos prompt boot disk when you want a session when you are just working in dos and have no need for windows apps and just want to work in dos without any problems.