Re: Syntax highlighter for Xy in PsPad or some other external editor

Notepad++ allows user-defined languages. I have just played around with
the feature a bit (I hadn't used it before). You can define a
"delimiter" to open with ®MDSU¯ (for example) and close with ®MDNM¯, and
select the color for all the text from the start of the opening
delimiter to the end of the closing one. That won't handle strings like
®MDIT¯italics®MDBO¯bold®MDNM¯, however. But there are several options
that I haven't explored.

I don't understand the character encodings. The string «MDNM» displays
by default as ®MDNM¯; I can't see an encoding option that displays it at
«MDNM».

Martin