Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> On the whole, I did much prefer the organization and presentation of the *base*
> Help System in 3+.

It was better.

> Most of the info may still be there in 4, but it can be
> harder to find. For example, I used to consult the Color Table chart from time
> to time in v. 3 Help. Danged if I can find it in the v. 4 Help.

I have an XPL loaded to ctrl-x that gets me to colors. Function calls below are
shown within {}s.

[GT}{SH}hic {CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}{CD}[there should be 11 of
these critters] followed by an ASCII 13 (the musical note).

I wrote this one years ago and can no longer explain it. But it works. Carl
probably has something less clunky, of course. So go with whatever he says and
forget this one if he comments.

> There are
> several cases like that. At some point, I may try to import some of those
> "missing" frames into the v. 4 Help. Tinkering with the Help system is one of
> those things I did a bit of (in 3+), but never got proficient with after that.
> (The v. 4 Help system is more complicated.) At one point, I had a 3+ Help Menu
> bar where you could toggle between the standard (or your user-improved) Help
> system, and Herb Tyson's POWERXY Help System (anyone remember that ? -- it was
> sort of an early precursor of U2). And that was kinda neat. But now we have
> the .U2, which goes well beyond anything you may have seen available for 3+.
>
> Jordan

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)