Re: speeling woze

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:33:42 EST, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>are alphabetized in the personal spell file itself? What if...

The words in my pers.spl are certainly not in alphabetical order.
The file simply adds them at the end, so it is a record of one's life
at the keyboard. He implies that the speller engine performs a crude
alphabetization before presenting, based on the first two letters of
any word. One supposes that in a decade spellers will have such vast
dictionaries and intelligent algorithms that they will really work
wonders. They will also require several gigs for the program and
files. I should not use the plural, though. There will only be one
word processing program that will run on any Intel based computer,
and it will come from Microsoft.

Jonathan