Re: script for USB printers

Reply to message from

Robert Holmgren
Jun 10, 2006 4:31 AM

Robert, thanks for the clarifications on mapping. I think I have it straight.

And for the advice about U2 frame TYN  ....  I do have a Print Server and a Router (wireless) so
that might do the trick...  but for now I'm still stuck with (on) Xy3+, so if I've been reading
aright since I joined the list, U2 will not help me at this point.

My affinity for and almost 20 years' experience with xy3+ has not deafened me to the clear
preference y'all have for Xy4 (Dave Erickson, too, as he told me a good ten or more years ago. Did
I listen? No)  I have downloaded xy4 and archived locally your (and others') major posts about U2
and the Xy4 manual in anticipation of the day when I have the time and attention span to attempt the
transition. As soon as I finish this draft of this book, I tell myself....

.. Philip, you might want to experiment with a new-ish frame in U2