Scripts, Batch files, etc. (was suffixes...)

On 28 Jun 99, at 17:52, mike shupp wrote:
> There's some sort of "Scripting" that works with Windows. It may or may
> not be on your machine, as it's one of the various options that can be set
> up when Windows is installed on your machine. You can either rerun the
> installation to get this or (perhaps) copy it from the original dist-
> ribution disk if it's not. Documentation for creating scripts is sparse
> however.

Yes there is something called "Windows Scripting Host" available in Win98,
maybe 95 with IE4 or 5. One clue as to whether or not it is installed is the
presence of a file in your Windows directory called "wscript.exe".
I'
ve not actually used it or seen an example script. I've been meaning to try it
out for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Maybe a Internet search for "Windows Scripting Host" or "wscript.exe" will
turn up something useful.

-Robert Orndorff
Richmond, VA

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/orndorff