Re: waking up

Harry is referring to his BRILLIANT way of communicating with Eudora. My
XyWin has a Send Mail command which has never, never worked. No one on this
list has ever been able to tell me how to get it to work. But if you follow
Harry's instructions you can write email in XyWrite, and by saving it as a
.MBX file in the appropriate Eudora folder, voila as we say in France. You
have email in Eudora. You just transfer it to your Out box, queue it and
send it.

Harry's idea saved me masses of work. (I actually use Microsoft Access to
generate all the responses from my small Internet business selling
espadrilles and French berets).

Technically speaking each Eudora mailbox consists of a .MBX (mailbox) file,
which is in simple ASCII (so remember to turn off the hidden footer info on
XyWrite files you use for MailBoX.) and a .TOC (Table Of Contents) file
which some eudoraphiles have tried to decode - it consists of lots of info
about each email. However if there is no TOC file Eudora recreates it, and
the only thing you miss out on is putting priorities, labels etc. on the
emails from within XyWrite, things you can do anyway in Eudora once the TOC
file has been recreated.

Paul Williams